Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
Reliability analysis of wind power systems
Wind turbines typically achieve an availability of about 95% to 99% today. How-ever, the present cost of maintenance required to ensure this availability is high and there is thus a strong need for improved maintenance strategies. This is sub-ject of current research projects carried out within the “WindAM” (Wind Asset Management) research group at the Division of Electric Power Engineering, Chalmers, and in close cooperation with SKF and Göteborg Energi.
In this context, the statistical analysis of wind power failure data is an important task
• in order to identify the most critical components and consequently concentrate technological improvements on these components, and
• as a basis for the improvement of maintenance.
The project aims at revealing the reliability performance of the different components of wind tur-bines, including failure rates and failures causes as well as the downtime caused by these failures. Based on this, the most critical system components and relevant failure causes shall be identified as an important step towards more focused maintenance.
The tasks in this project include:
• Acquisition of fundamental knowledge about wind power systems
• Literature study focusing on failure data collection and analysis activities in Northern Europe
• Investigate possible data sources
• Collect and study failure statistics and maintenance information, with a focus on the time span 2005 – today
• Analyse statistical data with reliability theory methods regarding failure rates and related down-times; provided sufficient depth of data, investigate e.g. relationship between failure frequency and turbine age and the distribution of failures among power groups and different designs
The project is suitable for electrical and mechanical engineering master students. Knowledge in the field of wind power systems and reliability theory is advantageous, but no prerequisite. A good understanding of the Swedish language is required to be able to take into account all relevant sources of information in this project.
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.