Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
Analysis and methodology development for the analysis of accidents scenario using data from field operational test
Road accidents account for over 1 million deaths every year in the world. Analysis of the specific conditions and situations (scenario) in which accidents happen is the basis for implementing countermeasures to mitigate and prevent accidents. Many accident databases have been created in the last 10 year to collect information after the crash to better understand the scenario which caused the accident. However, collection of data a posteriori (i.e. after the crash has happened) is intrinsically limited. Nowadays, new technologies enable collection of extended amount of data (vehicle dynamics, driver behavior, and the environment) in real traffic via field operational tests. This new data provides information about scenarios in the pre-crash and in-crash phase which can support and complement the scenario analysis from accident database.
The thesis work
In this thesis work, you will analyze crash and near-crash situations using field operational test data. After completing a literature review concerning accidents analysis and field operational tests, and annotations of crash relevant events, your tasks will be to:
1) Recognize and annotate crash and near crash from field test data (video, CAN, GPS, etc…).
2) Describe, contribute to develop, and apply an innovative and multi-disciplinary methodology for video annotation.
3) Analyze the crash and pre-crash scenario in terms of vehicle dynamics, driver behavior, and environmental conditions.
4) Propose and document a method for the analysis of annotations and crash scenarios.
5) Apply such method to existing data samples.
6) Perform and report on a final comparative analysis using your method on different data sets.
This thesis will be performed at SAFER (vehicle and traffic safety center at Chalmers). SAFER is a center where industries, suppliers, research institutes, universities work together with the common goal to increase traffic safety. SAFER is located in Lindholmen (Göteborg).
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.