Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
Electronics Design - Product Development
IPSense offers consultancy services within IS/IT and embedded systems. Besides the consultancy services, we also do in-house development of our own products. Currently, we are developing a product prototype which is based on the Beagleboard-xM development board (http://beagleboard.org). The product prototype runs Ubuntu Linux for ARM. For several reasons, the hardware is currently not suitable for a commercial product. Two main tasks remain to be solved:
1. The electronics design needs to be changed according to the chip manufacturers’ reference design so that the audio-in on the Beagleboard-xM uses MIC level input instead of line level input; and
2. Unnecessary components need to be removed from the electronics design.
The goal with your thesis project would be to:
1. Change the electronics design according to the chip manufacturers’ reference design so that audio-in on the Beagleboard-xM uses MIC level input instead of line level input on the TPS65950 IC from Texas Instruments. Here, you should also verify the design. OrCAD schematics for the Beagleboard are available at http://beagleboard.org/static/BB-xM_REV_C-2011-05-23.zip.
2. Remove the unnecessary components from the electronics design. A list of these components will be provided by us.
3. From the new design we will produce a test series of the hardware. Upon receiving the hardware you will verify that it works as expected. This will include booting Ubuntu Linux on the new hardware and modifying the ALSA audio driver to map to the MIC level input and to verify that the MIC is working properly.
GENERAL INFORMATION & PREREQUISITES
Information has intentionally been left out from this thesis project proposal but will to some extent be available orally due to its sensitive nature. All project and product details will be available after you have signed a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) with us.
To be able to successfully carry out this thesis project, you have to make sure that you have access to OrCAD so that you are able to edit the schematics. The thesis project will take place at your home university, but you will have regular meetings with us.
If you are hesitant on the amount of work required (whether you think the work load may be too high or too low), but still think it’s an interesting thesis project, don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss the project outline and content.
WHO YOU ARE:
• You are social and easygoing
• You see things through to completion
• You pay attention to detail and test things twice so as to make sure things really work
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.