Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
Enterprise Architecture Modeling – Case Studies of Change Project Costs
Why are software change projects so expensive?
A Master Thesis Proposal
Companies’ business environments are under constant change and therefore the IT systems supporting the business need to be changed as well. At the same time many companies experience that it is becoming more difficult and expensive to carry IT architecture changes through.
Thus, it would be interesting to know:
• Which factors are of most importance when it comes to changing the IT architecture?
• How can the IT architecture be improved with respect to these factors?
• How much time is spent on implementing a certain change in a defined architectural scenario?
This master thesis would focus on using an already developed model for change project cost evaluations in a number of software change projects at different companies. The thesis worker would be introduced to the theory of enterprise architecture, software change projects, and modifiability. Case studies at different companies need to defined and carried through. With the information from the case studies the modifiability, i.e. change cost, of the involved IT systems would be analyzed employing the proposed model.
Master thesis goals:
• To model companies’ IT systems and their changes, by studying specific software change projects.
• To apply the modifiability, change cost, analysis framework on the created models.
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.