Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
Implementation of Active Steering with Superposition of Torque
Developing active steering in heavy vehicles needs a lot of testing. A fundamental decision regarding active steering is the question of whether to use superposition of angle or superposition of torque. Experiences from passenger cars are not always applicable to commercial vehicle since the purpose of the system differs.
Therefore, Scania intents to test with own prototypes.
Active steering with variable steering ratio is today realised in passenger cars from Audi, BMW and Lexus by means of superposition of angle. A planetary gear box or a harmonic drive gear box adds a steering angle of an electric motor to the drivers steering angle. This is experienced by the driver as a change of ratio of the steering system.
• Map state-of-the-art technology for active steering
• Define the most adequate position of an active steering system in a prototype truck.
• Design of the implementation and the interfaces
• Implementation in a prototype truck
• A one-page capturing the different possibilities of positioning and the final position
• Implementation of the system in a prototype truck
• A manual for assembling and disassembling
• A written report of the work done
• An oral presentation of the project
Number of students:
The project should be executed by 2 candidates, candidate 2 will start the work after candidate 1 is finished.
• Morphological analysis about the implementation
• Perform pre-designs of possible implementations
• Perform final design with focus on the mechanical hardware
• Define the requirements of the control software
• Design a controller for the system
• Implement the system in a prototype truck
The first candidate is to be recruited with a planned a start in September. The second candidate will be recruited later depending on the progress of the first candidate and will be recruited later and also the execution period is to be decided upon later. Most likely, there will be a delay for the start of the second part and the exact definition of the tasks of the second candidate can be adjusted depending on the progress of the first candidate.
Estimated time needed:
20 weeks each.
Contact persons and supervisors:
Malte Rothhämel, Ph.D. Student, 073-9712534, [email protected]
Your application marked “PU10-55 “ should be sent to [email protected]
Enclose CV, personal letter and school-leaving certificate.
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.