Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
New opportunities based on PE-Xa material properties
PE-Xa pipe is manufactured out of high-density polyethylene using the Engel process. Cross-linking is defined as a process that changes the chemical structure in such a way that the polymer chains connect to each other to create a three-dimensional network through chemical bonds.
This new structure means that it is impossible to melt or dissolve the polymer without first destroying its structure. The PEX (cross-linked polyethylene) pipe material has many positive properties, e.g.:
• High Temperature and Pressure Resistance
• Low Coefficient of Friction
• Pure and Non Toxic
• High Elasticity and Impact Strength
• Good Electrical Insulator
• High Abrasion Resistance
• Thermal Memory
Based on the PE-Xa material properties, perform a study aimed at identifying new potential applications/markets within other industrial markets than building solutions and current industrial solutions. Main objective is “Identification and analysis of growth potential for a business and related costs/risks to materialize”
The study must capture the following aspects of an identified opportunity:
1. Industrial segment - medical/electrical power/vehicle/agriculture/etc.
2. The problem/need/benefit an identified opportunity addresses
3. Type of application, e.g. energy (cooling/heating) or material transportation, involved
4. Barriers, challenges as well as costs for entrance for an identified opportunity
5. SWOT analysis for entrance for each identified opportunity
6. Market potential for an opportunity - monetary/number of systems/components/etc.
Master of Science, e.g. Industrial economics, Business administration and marketing, etc.
Number of students: 1-2
Starting Date: Upon agreement
Length of work: 20 weeks
Süleyman Dag, Product Line Manager, [email protected] / mob. +46 705405198
Please send your application via e-mail, incl. CV, copy of recent grades excerpt
Due Date for application: 2011-01-15
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.