Exjobbsförslag från företag
Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
Förslaget inkom 2011-11-23
Sound feedback for improving energy consumption in marathon running
OBS! ANSÖKNINGSTIDEN FÖR DETTA EXJOBB HAR LÖPT UT.This master thesis project is offered by the Sound in Interaction group at KTH .
The work of this master thesis is in the framework of two projects: the SOM project  funded by VR - The Swedish Research Council, and the SONEA project , funded by OPC - The Olympic Performance Centre.
The thesis work is part of growing research fields known as data sonification, embodied music cognition and mediation technology. We are observing an increasing need for the development of theories, models, and tools for representing human movements by means of sound, as a complement to visualization techniques.
By using development tools which are at the state-of-the- art in the field of Sound and Music Computing, it is possible to (1) Develop models for communication of human movement information by means of sound; (2) Investigate how sound feedback can influence motor learning; (3) Realize real-time audio feedback to human movements. Starting point are theories and methods from the Interactive Sonification research field. The final goal is the realization of new models for interactive sonification of human movements for understanding, modeling, and improving human interaction with sound.
You will design, implement and test a new software tool for the sonification of body motion in marathon running. The sound will assist the runner in obtaining a more efficient running style. The body movements of the runner will be tracked using a motion caption system such as Natural Point OptiTrack , Microsoft Kinect , or sensors embedded in a smart phone. Data collected by the motion caption system will be used for calculating performance parameters, such as the runner’s vertical displacement of the center of mass, which will be monitored and sonified for providing real-time feedback to the runner.
For generating the sounds you will use the Pure data program .
Potential users of the new tool are both elite and amateur athletes.
The work will be developed in collaboration with the KTH School of Technology and Health , and the Sport physiology laboratory of the Swedish Sports Confederations (Riksidrottsförbundet), Department of elite sport, .
After fulfilling the master thesis, you should be able to:
1. determine prerequisites for and plan a larger project,
2. apply the relevant knowledge and skills, which are acquired within the technical area, to a given problem,
3. determine if the project is viable and collect the knowledge to run it,
4. pursue the project according to plan and continuously handle and document deviations from the plan in a professional way,
5. make oral and written presentations of the project in a form that meets established norms with regard to structure, language and content,
6. reflect on, evaluate, and critically assess one’s own and others’ scientific results,
7. show increased knowledge in the areas of Sound in Interaction, Sound Design, Sound and Music Computing 
8. evaluate the functioning of sound-based interactive applications
9. use state-of-the-art software tools and sensors for the design of new sound-based interactive applications
 http:// www.smcnetwork.org
keywords: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], sound in interaction, sound feedback, training, running
Kolla även in Boutique Hotels Singapore, Boutique Hotels Hong Kong, Boutique Hotels Shanghai, Boutique Hotels Dubai, Boutique Hotels Los Angeles, Boutique Hotels Denver, Boutique Hotels Dallas, Boutique Hotels Philadelphia, Boutique Hotels Bath, Boutique Hotels Santorini, Boutique Hotels Portugal.
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.